Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Many Faces of Ainsley at Age Three


(I told her to "act sassy" here!)



Gathering her friends for naptime!
Ainsley is showing her mothering instincts lately--sometimes it's with a doll, sometimes with her monkey, George, and sometimes with her Easter Bunny! Her politeness is atounding, "Thank you, Mimi." "Yes, m'am." "Please may I have a----" There are always a few quotes that make me double over in laughter. This trip, there were two in particular. After her swimming lesson, we went out to dinner. Our meal was taking a little long and she was getting restless. I took the sugar envelopes and spread them out in front of her and said, "Let's count the sugar." She quickly counted them up to fourteen, perfectly. Then she said, "Now, let's count in Spanish!" She also did that perfectly! Then she said, "Now, let's count in French!" Her mom and dad looked at each other very puzzled---we waited and sure enough, she counted up to about ten!!! No body even knew she could do that! There is a little girl in her day school that speaks French, and we assume that she has been teaching her classmates. The next night, her mom and dad went to Austin and she and I went to Chick-Fil-A to get some chicken nuggets. Before we left the house, she had thrown a pretty lengthy temper tantrum. She calmed down a little when we got in the car. As we were going through the drive-thru window, she said, "Mimi, I really want to stay here and eat." I knew I'd be pushing my luck if I attempted that, so I very firmly said, "No, Ainsley, we are taking the food home to eat." She was very quiet for a few seconds, then softly, she said, "I am NOT pleased!" Luckily, the fun and happy moments with her far out-number the bad ones, and she is at an age we would all like to freeze!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Ainsley had continued to be such a darling little girl. What fun and how fortunate that you have recorded it all.