Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, 2011

We had a wonderful Easter this year but one of the highlights was when Macy created a picture of the Resurrection after dinner. She added a lot of detail to the picture and could explain every aspect of the Resurrection, which proved she had been a very, very good listener. I love the little picture of Jesus in the upper right-hand corner with his sunglasses on. I said, "What is this, Macy?" and she said, "Oh, that is Jesus in Paradise. Remember, he said, to the other criminals who were crucified with him, 'This day, I will see you in Paradise' and what better place for paradise than the beach! That is Jesus with his sunglasses on, sitting in the sun at the beach!"
I looked at the rest of the picture and she had a dice and I when I asked what that was, she told me it was when they "cast lots" to see who would receive Jesus' purple cloak. She has a piece of purple fabric to show it in the bottom right-hand corner, the crown of thorns, the flogging stick, and in the middle of the picture is a large cross with an Easter egg on top! I love her creativity at this age! It is so perfectly innocent and pure.
We had tons of fun on Saturday also when Julie and I took Macy, Marshall, and Sam to see Toy Story Disney on Ice at the Alamodome. The pictures were difficult because our seats were on the floor level and the spotlights on the other side of the ice rink were shining in my camera which distorted the lighting...but here are a few.
Another cute picture Macy drew last week, and other Easter decorations this year.

No comments: