Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Last Few Days of Camp Mimi, 09



Julie had to work four more days after school was out for Macy, so I had promised her and Marshall that I would take them to the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels one day, and then to Landa Park to ride the train. The picture above was taken right after they had played at the water area, so Macy's dress has water all over the front. Julie dressed them both in green, which made it so easy to keep an eye on them at the museum and at the park.

Macy always enjoys the hospital nursery area where they have baby dolls. She put on her doctor's jacket, then handed me this naked baby doll and said, "Here, Mimi, would you put this baby up your shirt and pretend like you're having a baby?" Well....that didn't seem quite appropriate to me, since other people were around, so I just sat in the rocking chair and she pulled the baby from behind my back!!! Then she weighed it. I said, "How much did my baby weigh?" She said, "50 pounds!"

Marshall always loves the space area---you can tell I wasn't with him when he put on his space jacket!!

Inside the space ship---5-4-3-2-1----blast off!

They both love the grocery store area and you can see Marshall has filled his basket with pizza and ice cream!

The outdoor play area is full of huge animal sculptures the kids can climb on!


My favorite part of the museum are the beautiful hanging paper-mache fish!

We all enjoyed the train ride at Landa Park, and especially the rainbow popsicles afterward!

I wonder how old that big cypress tree is?

It was a great day, and we ended it with a picnic lunch and playing on the beautiful new playground in Landa Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

macy you r not old enough to have a baby yet but I would love to get you in bed and practise