Thursday, June 4, 2009

Macy's Last Day of School, '09 AKA First Grade, Here I Come!




Macy was very sad today when I picked her up from her last day of kindergarten. She said, "I don't want to leave kindergarten!" Here she is in her t-shirt which Julie helped make for each child in her class. Each child put their hand print on the shirts, all in the same place on each shirt, with paint. The teacher's hand print is in red in the upper corner on the front. Julie took on the task of printing each child's name on their own handprint, on each shirt. Let's see...that's 22 names on 22 shirts!!!? How many hours did that take you, Julie? (I know it took several hours on several nights, in between ball games, end-of-the-year parties, their birthday party, plus out-of-town company!) I'm making her practice the word "no" for next year!



It's quite a masterpiece!

No comments: