Friday, January 6, 2012

Macy and Her Christmas Doll


This is one of my favorite Christmas pictures from this year. Several months ago, Macy and I were at the Monarch Collectible Doll Store---she calls it "The Big Blue Doll House," because that's exactly what this store looks like. She fell in love with this baby doll (it has her exact same coloring),and I told her I'd think about getting it for her for Christmas. I loved my dolls so much as a little girl and Macy and I love going to this store and oohing and ahhing at all the beautiful dolls and doll houses. This doll is a Middleton Newborn Collectible and it looks and feels almost like a real baby. At the store, they have a large display of these dolls, all lined up in "isolettes" and if Macy could, she would buy every single one of them. It wears size three-month clothes, so I had gone to a consignment store and purchased a few little outfits for her. In hopes that she would receive this doll for Christmas, she had a little pacifier in an organza bag to give her when she opened her! I had seen her carry this into the house and wondered what it was, and then after she opened her package, she gave it to her new doll, so SHE would also have a Christmas present.
(Thoughtfulness is one of Macy's best qualities!)
She has named the doll Amber Gabrielle, which she didn't decide on until she got home and could look for the perfect name in her American Girl doll booklet on baby names. She liked this name, because the name "Amber" means "jewel." I love watching Macy play with her dolls and can imagine the kind of mother she is going to be some day. I hope she will always love them, like I did.

1 comment:

Pam said...

So sweet Susan. I too loved my dolls.
Macy will have many memories with her dolls that will carry into her life as a mommy. :)