Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas With a Three-Year Old


What could be more fun than having a three-year old grandchild at Christmas? Three-year old Anisley seemed to totally buy in to "The Elf on the Shelf" story when I visited her recently in Houston. Elfie was named and soon found a place to sit until the next morning.
She had to be reminded a few times that he was watching her every move! She was just about to throw a little temper tantrum, got in her position on the floor, raised her legs to start kicking, and her dad reminded her that Elfie was watching. She froze and looked up at him, then stopped!

The next morning, after his trip to the North Pole, Elfie had re-located to a branch on the Christmas tree!

The mariachis loved singing "Feliz Navidad" to Ainsley at Papacita's.
Ainsley wanted to make a gingerbread house and I thought it would be easy with a kit that had all the supplies. The only thing it was missing was a dose of "three-year old patience!" The royal icing didn't get sticky fast enough, so we ended up making a two-dimensional gingerbread house.
What she really wanted to do was put candy on it and eat some!

The masterpiece! When we finished, Ainsley said, "Where's the rest of it, Mimi?" I said, "Oh, we'll make it next year!" She seemed satisfied. What I learned the next day is that Target now sells "pre-assembled gingerbread houses" which this grandmother will purchase next year!!
Ainsley loved walking around with her Rudolf nose.

And sometimes her "Rudolf belly!"
She loved decorating her Christmas tree and it didn't matter that she hung about five ornaments on the same branch! Convenience is what matters!


1 comment:

Pam said...

O my I have sooooo missed like three of your blogs. I guess I've missed all of the ones I'm following. Got to get back into the swing of things. Loved them all.
This season just went by to fast and the organization gene left me this year.
Great seeing you today. :)
Merry Christmas to you and Larry.