Monday, October 5, 2009

Marshall and The Mustard Seed



The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us what Heaven's kingdom is like." He said to them, "It's like a mustard seed, the smallest of all seeds, but when it falls on prepared soil, it produces a large plant and becomes a shelter for birds of the sky." Thomas 2

The parable of the mustard seed is mentioned many times in the bible, in Matthew, Mark, Luke and Thomas. Macy and Marshall have attended a Christian Day School at their church since they were three months old plus Sunday School and Kids' Choir as well. They were both in Awanas for a year, where they were rewarded for learning bible verses. You still just never know what sinks into their little brains.

A few days ago, Macy, Marshall and I were working on a craft project. Macy took to it very easily and enjoyed it, although it was a little tedious. They had to put little tiny beads on a plastic form in a certain pattern, and then we fused them together with an iron.  Marshall started working on it, and said, "No, this is too hard. I don't want to do this." Macy and I continued to work, while Marshall went on to play with some trucks. Later, he came back to where we were working. I said, "Come on, Marshall, I'll help you." I got his project going and then he began to work hard at completing it. I praised him for his hard work and in a little while, he said, "If you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can do anything. I didn't think I could do this, but I had the faith of a mustard seed, and I did it!!!"

2 comments:

Tootle Family said...

Wow!!!!! Love that. I need to remember that at 32 years old. Thanks for such a cute story.

Pam said...

Love this story. Every time I hear mustard seed (which was today) I thought about Marshall.

You told me about it earlier.